Tuesday 29 April 2008

Tuesday Morning

I've been back from my short trip to Barcelona for four days now, and still haven't posted pictures or spoken about my trip. So that's my priority for today.

I went with a friend and we caught a flight from Heathrow Terminal 1 (not 5 - phew!) on Monday morning last week. We'd used the online check-in system, and were very pleasantly surprised by how efficiently it worked. We arrived in Barcelona, and were checked into our hotel and out and about in the town by 2 pm.

Barcelona is a beautiful town with wide avenues that have a central walkway as well as standard sidewalks. The architecture is quite amazing, and for me the highlights were the Gaudi buildings with their distinctive wibble wobble appearance (called organic). But that wasn't all. The museum, the art galleries, the sights and sounds on the street, and St. George's day - all will be revealed.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Barcelona....geez. It's only a dream for me!lol...Happy day sweetie!hughugs

Dawn said...

I am glad you were able to go. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

*HUGS*

Unknown said...

OMG did you know go for F1 GP!!??

LOL I'd have done alot to be there this past weekend!

Shammickite said...

You were in Barcelona???? Didn't see Manuel (Fawlty Towers) didja?

Betty said...

Hi Dabrah,

Barcelona sounds like a wonderful place to visit. I hope you have had a good day. I haven't had time lately to do much visiting, so now I'm trying to catch up.

Sally said...

So happy you were able to have a great holiday! I knew you were planning a trip, but didn't know "Barcelona" - lucky,lucky you!!

Changes in the wind said...

WONDERFUL!!!! Will be looking forward to all the details. Who knows maybe you will inspire my hubby and I to make it our big trip this year:)