Thursday 3 April 2008

A barrowful of bulbs


I've been taking advantage of the nicer weather to tidy up the flower beds in my front garden. I've dug up all the montbrecia in one of the smaller beds, and put a few clumps back in after planting a Jasmin that my mother gave me, and replanting a bleeding heart that I had planted too far back originally. This is what's left over, even after giving the equivalent amount of bulbs to my next door neighbour.

So I think I'll pot some of them up and hopefully people may want some later on. They look gorgeous when they're in flower, with orange flowers growing up a stem.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Everything certainly looks tidy!! Makes you feel good to be outside, doesn't it...hugs to you sweetie!!

Rosie said...

It's been just the perfect weather for a tidy up in the garden I agree. Just look at all your bulbs you have there.

Rosie x

Barb said...

We just planted 2 new Dogwood tress, Sunflowers, Catnip, Morning Glories, other assorted perenials and tomato. (And by we, I mean I bought the seeds and trees and my Dad planted them!) I love things that are green & growing!

Sally said...

My, you've been busy!! I can't wait to see the flowers when they bloom. I'm sure you'll have a lot of takers for the bulbs you pot. I've been in the yard today also, and now (hopefully) we're going to get badly needed rain!

Shammickite said...

I'm getting the gardening urge too, but seeing there are still piles of dirty grey snow in the back yaerd, I'll have to wait a bit longer before I can put my garden fork in the ground.