Tuesday 1 April 2008

April Fools Day

I hope everybody escaped without being tricked today. I took my son to the dentist, and while I was waiting for him, I read today's Daily Telegraph, and there was an incredible story about penguins in it. Here's the link. It gave everyone in the waiting room something to chuckle about.

I was told that someone at a local radio station was taken in by a group of hoax callers who phoned in reports of a major traffic jam due to hundreds of toads hopping about all over the road.

As for me, I didn't fall for any tricks. Or at least if I did, I haven't found out about it yet!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny..."flying" penguins. And toads in the roadway.

Well today I heard on the news that in Florida there was a traffic jam because a big allegator was stretched out across the road. But guess what? This was NOT an April Fools prank, it was true. They had to get some animal control people out there to rope him and drag him back into the glades.

Unknown said...

I almost forgot today was "April Fool's Day" until someone mentioned it. Nice post.

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

-Liane Schmidt.

Donna said...

I sort of wish someone would have played a prank...fun. Have a happy time today!hughugs

Sally said...

I'm SURE I got hoaxed, and like you just don't know about it yet! hahaha

Betty said...

Hi Dabrah,

No, I didn't have any tricks or jokes played on me on April Fool's Day.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Dabrah,
Sounds like someone may have gotten into some trouble about the frogs being on the road. I stayed home and didn't go anywhere. While me and our youngest daughter was lying in bed on Tuesday night, she would tell me things and then say "April Fool's". LOL. I have been awake all night and just finished a new post a while ago. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

I didn't get fooled at all. It was as if no one I spoke to (even the kids) remembered what day it was.

Have you found out yet if you got pranked?

Monique said...

Flying penguins? And it was believed? How funny is that? Toads I can believe. Close by we have a notice on the road to be careful as they are heading to their breeding places.

Rosie said...

Lol the story of the Penguins was also shown on the BBC news too. A bit early in the morning 6 am when viewing and I did a double take heehee..

Rosie x