Sunday 6 April 2008

Another Weather Update

I think the weather has thrown everything at us today. So many flights were cancelled at Heathrow and Gatwick, mostly because of the bad weather.

I drove up to Sheffield this afternoon with my son. After our snowy start, it had thawed by the time we left and it was a nice clear afternoon with sunshine and dry roads. By the time we reached Sheffield there was the occasional bit of drizzle, but nothing to worry about.

At about 5.30 pm in Sheffield, it started to snow. It didn't settle at first, but it was very heavy with large flakes, and here's how it looked on my way back south.

Still inside Sheffield at around 5.50 pm....

Just outside Sheffield at 6 pm.......
Back in Milton Keynes at 7.45 pm....

About halfway down the M1 the weather started to clear, and as you can see by the time I was in Milton Keynes the sunset was promising a good day tomorrow. Let's see if it keeps its promises.


12 comments:

Dawn said...

You have been hit with lots of unwanted weather. Is it your fall/winter know?

*HUGS*

dabrah said...

Dawn, it's actually supposed to be spring. Hard to believe, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

I think our weather has decided to stay in the "spring mode". We seem to be staying in the mid-70's every day now.

Donna said...

OhMy Goodness!! SO cold! Blowing lots of WARM winds your way sweetie!!! Wonderful pictures though!!! hughugs

Sally said...

I do hope it kept the promise, and you have good weather today. It's been crazy everywhere I think! Thanks for the pictures. It sure looks like Spring is taking it's time to get to you, though!

Unknown said...

Yep I heard all about it from my Dad in Chesterfield (you passed him!) and my mum in Amersham. Sounds like it's been crazy!

Guess you don't want to know it's in the 70's here most days now!?

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Dabrah,
Wow, what a difference an hour can make huh? You do seem to be having some unwanted weather. I can relate as we have been having so much rain lately. It is suppose to start raining again later this evening and going thru possibly Friday morning. I may have to move to higher grounds. LOL. I'm not moving again anytime soon. LOL. I have seen it Snow here where I live in April before. It's been a long time ago, but still it was a pretty big Snow. I think we got around 5 inches and it was on Good Friday. It was back in the early 90's I do believe. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Rosie said...

It's nasty weather isn't it. Raining then snow keeping fingers crossed for good weather again but says rain all week -gee up!

Rosie x

Shammickite said...

We have sent some nasty Canadian winter weather over to you, just so you can see what we have to put up with for 6 months of the year!!!
Meanwhile here.... it's a gorgeous sunny blue sky spring day.

Betty said...

You are having unusual weather. I wish for you Springtime to come soon. Looks like Spring here the last couple of days, but I know we will have another cold day or two.

DaCraftyLady said...

sorry you have seen such bad weather...I think the whole country has this year....

Middle Ditch said...

It was really exciting to see the snow. We hardly ever get it nowadays. Lovely pictures.