Monday 13 October 2008

Loch Katrine - (A week in the Trossachs part 4)

I took a boat ride on Loch Katrine one day. This was about one-and-a-half miles from Tigh Mor, and so we walked there. It was a nice calm day, and the surface of the water was smooth most of the time, and reflected the surrounding land and sky like a mirror.

Of course the boat we were on did a bit of churning.
This was the steamboat that we thought we would be going on, but it was out of action for repairs.
Two hours later, boat trip over, we set off to walk back to Tigh Mor, and came across a small herd of deer in the woods. They were very watchable...
We watched them, and then they watched us.
They were so beautiful.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I Love watching deer! Always am wondering what they're thinking about Me!!Hahaa...Happy sleep sweetie!hughugs

Donna said...

How glorious to watch the wild deer!

Unknown said...

Well I just caught up with your wonderful tour, what a wonderful time you had and great piccies. Thanks for sharing.

Shammickite said...

The deer are so lovely, did they allow you to get very close? I've only been to Scotland once, and that wasn't a planned trip, as I was on a plane the stopped in Glasgow to pick up passengers, but something went wrong, and we had to stay the night while the plane was repaired, so obviously I didn't see much of Scotland. I'll have to remedy that one day! Lovely pictures.

Rosie said...

Stunning scenery and how lucky to watch deer roaming..

Rosie x

Ken said...

Too bad you didn't get to ride the steamboat.

Anvilcloud said...

Oh dear me ... I mean dear you ... I mean dear dear.