Friday 4 January 2008

Snow No Show Day

We were promised snow today, or even some sleet, and after a few feeble attempts at snowing the clouds gave up and just did nothing except float around up there. I was quite looking forward to waking up in the morning to the silent world of the snowscape, but it was just another day like all the others, snow-free.

So I went shopping with my sister-in-law and nieces, had lunch at my mother's house, and in the evening went to dinner with my son and my eldest brother and his family. Yesterday we said goodbye to my youngest brother and his family, as they prepared to return to the US. Today we said goodbye to my oldest brother and his family, as they prepare to return to Australia. Our family reunion is over until the next time.

Time to put away the Christmas things and get back to work. I have Spanish to learn and assignments to complete, something I've neglected these last few weeks.

I've been a bit worried about Janey the rabbit over the last couple of days, but hopefully she's on the mend now. She's grooming herself, eating properly and drinking, running up when she's called and not as lethargic as she's been. I bought her a new toy that flashes when it's moved in the hope that she might play with it. I noticed it flashing earlier on and thought she was playing, but I think it was just the result of her accidentally nudging it while she groomed herself.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Hoping Janey gets better soon! I've never had a pet rabbit...difficult to take care of? Glad your holidays were fun! Stay warn.

Dawn said...

I hope Janey gets better soon. Like Donna, I have never had a pet rabbit. Much care for them? Glad you had a nice time during your holidays.

*HUGS*

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Dabrah,
It's night time here. It's 8:30p.m. CST. I'm sorry you didn't get any snow. I am so wanting some snow so bad. We very seldom get any here in the South, but when we do, it's always a welcomed sight. Maybe you will get some in the next few days. It has been cold enough to snow around here tho. I hope that your bunny, Janey, is getting better. My Mother used to have some pet rabbits years ago. She kept them in a cage on her patio. Finally, they started growing and was too big to be in the cage, so she gave them to someone that had larger rabbit cages. I'm glad you had a good time during the Holidays with your relatives. It's always a sad thing when they have to go back and especially if they live far away. Take care my friend and have a great morning there. LOL. I hope I got it right. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Dabrah, Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. In your post you mentioned that your older brother & family live in OZ. I was wondering which state they live in? I hope 2008 is a terrific year for you and your family!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

dabrah said...

Thanks for your comments. Janey is really easy to look after. She has such a sweet personality, and never makes a sound. She's soft and cuddly, a perfect pet. She seems much better today, so I may put her out in the garden for a little while. Actually, Karen, Janey grew much bigger than expected, because she's called a dwarf dutch rabbit. She doesn't fit that description at all. She's really big. And she doesn't speak a word of Dutch!
Amanda, my brother and his family live in NSW, quite near to Sidney. I'm plotting and planning a round the world ticket for myself sometime in the far (but hopefully not too distant) future. Then I could have an RTW blog!

Shammickite said...

You don't really know whether Janey can speak Dutch or not cos perhaps she could speak Rabbit Dutch to another Dutch Rabbit.... possible, yes? Or perhaps she has been away frtom the language so long that she only understands rabbit English now. Either way, I hope she's feeling bright eyed and bushytailed.... can you say that about a rabbit?