Tuesday 11 December 2007

Chris Evans

I was just listening to Chris Evans on Radio 2, and he's running a segment called "How Deep Is Your Snow", words that were sung by several voices harmonizing haphazardly to the tune of "How Deep Is Your Love". He spoke to a woman who has an Ice Hotel in Lapland. After talking to her for a bit he asked her how deep her snow was, and she went outside to measure it and said it was half a metre deep.

The web address she gave took me to a website selling gingerbread houses, but I googled Ice Hotel Lapland and I found it here. I'm not sure if it's the same Ice Hotel as that run by the lady Chris Evans was talking to, but how many Ice Hotels are there? It looks quite amazing, and not all the furniture is ice, especially in the bedrooms and dining room, but the bar is completely made of ice. Exploring the site, it seems that there is an Ice Bar in London, which is something worth following up I think.

Back to the Chris Evans show, it seems he and/or someone else had their passport photos returned by the passport office because the flash from the camera glinted off the glass in their specs. Someone wrote in suggesting that just for the picture they should have their passport photos taken wearing spectacle frames without any lenses. Problem solved! Now that's what I call thinking outside of the box.

I must say that I do enjoy listening to Chris Evans, he always makes me smile.

No comments: