Friday 21 January 2011

Old Tyme Music Hall

We're doing an Old Tyme Music Hall in our village in March. We had the first rehearsal a couple of days ago, and I discovered that I didn't know any of the songs. One or two sounded familiar, but I didn't know any of the words, so today I decided to look online for them. I had a great time watching different performances on You Tube, while flicking over to a web page with the words. I only need to learn the Choruses because I won't be singing any solos.

Some of the songs are really quite funny. I can't decide which is my favourite. There's "Oh! Oh! Antonio", Burlington Bertie, or "My old man said follow the van" a version of which I've added below:

2 comments:

Sally said...

Well, you know I can't watch, but oh such fun you all are going to have!! Be sure to take lots of pictures, Dee.

Have a great weekend!

Donna said...

Well, I know you'll know All the words by March!
Looks like Great Fun!!
hughugs