Sunday 7 October 2007

Craft Show

Yesterday I went to a craft show in Great Missenden. I'd spotted signs up around the place advertising that it would be held this weekend, so I packed my wallet and camera and went there.

I'm used to craft shows being pretty frantic places, but in fact this was busy but not crowded. It consisted of some outside stalls and then a series of large tents set out in a U shape with stalls on either side, so you started at one end of the U and finished at the other.

There were some really nice crafts on display, and it was great walking around looking at them and occasionally buying something that caught my fancy.

I can't think why it wasn't crowded. It was a pleasant semi-sunny day, and it was Saturday. Perhaps it's the credit squeeze having an affect on people's spending, or maybe it's just that odd time of year when summer is over and the Christmas shopping season hasn't quite started yet.

I didn't take any pictures. I was too busy looking around, and by the time I remembered I'd have had to start all over again from the beginning, and it was time to go home, so I didn't.

But on my way home I had to stop at a supermarket for some milk, and the carpark was packed, so I had to park in the furthest spot.

This is what I saw from my car.

I could empathise with that!

No comments: