Sunday 17 February 2008

Word Verification

I have had to add word verification to my comments section because I have been plagued by one (it could be more than one) commentor who provides a link to a blog which, when opened, attempts to insert trojans and other malware into the visitor's computer. I've reported these links to Blogger.com, but have heard nothing back, so in the hope that these are computer generated comments which are triggered automatically by any new post, I've added word verification to try and block them. I'm afraid they're really getting on my nerves....

If I continue to received these comments despite word verification, I will try approving comments before they're shown. I'm just so worried that one of my visitors may click on one of these links and find themselves in trouble with viruses and goodness knows what else.

4 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Dabrah,
Wow, I've missed alot. Sorry I haven't been by, but my DH got home on Friday morning and I always want to spend my time with him. I don't blame you for putting the code up for comments. It is nerve wracking, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I love the Canal that has the separation in Birminham. It is just a beautiful place. The Canadian Geese look pretty content there too. "CONGRATULATION'S" on your win from the OWOH Event. I know your excited about getting the postcard. Also, "CONGRATULATION'S" on the Award there. You truly deserve it. The weather here this morning is fairly nice. It's 53 degrees as I'm typing this and has been raining. When I took my DH up to his truck earlier, it was windy outside as well. It's suppose to turn back colder again tomorrow. I hope the cold helps with your vegetation plants. I have been reading all of your post's and trying to catch up with you. I finally put up a new post this morning. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Monique said...

Thanks for the warning Dabrah and I fully understand if you have to take that action. There are some weird people who take a great deal of delight in making other people's life an utter misery. Take care ...

:-)

Donna said...

I really understand the precaution!! It's a pain but better safe than sorry!! Have a wonderful evening!!

Barb said...

These malicious hackers make me nuts too. The canal below this post looks lovely. I'm with the geese, relax a while!