Saturday 16 February 2008

Brrr... It's freezing

Yes folks, after days and days of sunny springlike weather, today has been quite cold, and tonight... well let me put it this way, the forecast is for -2C (that's 28F). Okay, maybe it isn't so cold if you're in one of the chillier regions of the globe, but compared to what we've become used to recently it's positively frigid here!

We do need the frost though, my vegetable garden needs it to kill off any weeds and bugs that might be lurking around, and to break down the compost that's been dug in. I almost did some sowing last week, but I'm glad I held off now.

I won a prize in the recent One World One Heart event. Pamela from Quilts n More sent me a message to say that I won one of her postcards. I'm thrilled to bits, and I can't wait to see it.

Betty of Betty's This And That has passed on this award to me:

Blogging With Purpose Award Rules:

Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
In their post about the award they need to link back to this
entry.
Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to the above linked site.

I would like to nominate Sally, Dawn, Lisa S Oceandreamer, Lanne, and Donna.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Thank you SO much Dabrah!! A Purpose!! What a wonderful award to receive! Thank you for feeling that way about my blog...it means a lot to me.
I tried to link to the word "this" but it just leads to nothing. Is it me? Did I do it wrong?

Sally said...

Congratulations on winning a prize from Pamela. I hope you'll post a picture when you receive it. I know it's going to be lovely!

Like Donna, I thank you very much for the award! That is so kind of you, Dabrah. I've surely met a lot of really nice people while blogging, yourself included, and that has been the "purpose" all along. Thank you again! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you (or your Mom) again for picking me in your give away. I sent you an e-mail with my snail mail address.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shammickite said...

That's a great idea, to have a giveaway to celebrate a Blogging milestone. I did that when I reached 100 posts. I was going to do it when I reached 10,000 visits, but nobody owned up to being number 10,000, so now I shall have a giveaway for 200 posts.... I'm at 175 right now so keep watching.... only 25 more to go, but I'll soon complete them as I have a new grandbaby ob the way!

Barb said...

Lovely of you to visit! And I am so pleased to know that my dream job exists! Being paid in wine, what could be better? I'm hoping to get to England one day, if only to see what hat Camilla is wearing and enjoy a pint at the local pub!

Betty said...

Congratulations on your win, and I hope you will make pictures when you receive it to show to all of us.

Thank you, Dabrah, for researching my glass dish online and letting me know what you found out. I didn't think to do that myself. I bought it for a little over two dollars, and I love it.