Saturday 4 February 2012

An interesting way to listen to lectures

I came across an RSA Animate video on one of the channels on my TV, and found it so interesting to watch the illustrations appearing on the page in tandem with the voice of the speaker, that I went online to find more examples.

To tell the truth, I'm not one of those people who would normally go out of her way to listen to a lecture, unless it was something that I was truly interested in. These animations, however, make a lot of subjects that I might not normally have bothered to listen to much more interesting. I also find that I take in more of what's being said because my eyes are following the illustrations and script so my mind doesn't wander.

The lectures cover a lot of different subjects and are given by a diverse selection of speakers. Here's just one example:

RSA Animate – The Internet in Society: Empowering and Censoring Citizen?

1 comment:

Icy BC said...

Thanks for the info, Dee..I will be watching this in the evening when the chores are done..