Wednesday 21 November 2007

My Lost Pink Gloves

I’ve lost my gloves. They’re pink (yes pink, really) and they’re made from soft thermal material which is quite thick, but so warm. I put them away somewhere for the summer and now I can’t remember where. I tucked them away together with a matching thermal hat, and a stripy coordinating hat and scarf. If I can find just one of these things, I’ll find my pink gloves.

You couldn’t pick coins out of a purse easily when you’re wearing my pink gloves, but they’re utterly brilliant for driving a car on a cold day. There’s nothing worse than getting into a freezing cold car, putting your hands on a freezing cold steering wheel, and then trying to ignore the pain of freezing cold fingers as you’re driving.

My pink gloves do away with all of that pain. I keep them on the radiator just inside the door, and pick them up when I pick up my car keys. They’re toasty warm, and protect my hands from icy steering wheels until the car warms up enough for me to go bare-handed.

I’m almost tempted to go out and buy a new pair. In fact, I have been looking, but I haven’t found anything remotely resembling my pink gloves on sale anywhere. I wonder what I’ll find first, my old pair or a brand new pair in the shops!

If I do buy a new pair of gloves, I can almost guarantee I’ll find my old pink pair the very next day.

No comments: