Monday 24 August 2009

The contents of the parcel...

We opened the handsewn 'sew cute' parcel from my daughter Natalie, who is in India. Inside there was a really big (98 inches x 48 inches!) printed cotton wrap with really pretty beaded tasselling. I can wear it as a sarong, a wrap or a scarf, or even use it as a table runner. It's so versatile, and I love it.



Here's a close-up...

My son got a hippie style shirt, otherwise known as a kurta or tunic. It's white with a grandad collar and vertical pintucking. Here he is modelling it.


Also in the parcel was a copy of the Times of India for August 16th, 2009. Nat and Nick went with a local artist to help decorate a long wall in Mumbai. I've outlined the paragraph that refers to them in red, and also outlined Nat and Nick in the picture. It sounds like it must have been a lot of fun. Click on the picture to enlarge.

By the way, Banksy is said to be from Bristol, not London as it says in the article. Nat and Nick both know this since they've both lived in Bristol for the past few years, so it's probably a typo. If you're wondering who Banksy is, so are most of the rest of the world because his identity is a big secret. There's a large section about him in Wikipedia - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy if you're interested.


While checking him out online, I found this http://www.banksy.co.uk/index2.html which I think might be worth a visit to Bristol, though there isn't much time left before the exhibition closes.


It was like Christmas or my birthday all over again around here yesterday. Apart from opening the parcel, my son brought me some chocolates (actually, quite a lot of chocolate) from Belgium, and my neighbour gave me a jar of her really delicious home-made marmalade to thank me for looking after Leo.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Goodness gracious, Dee!! How wonderful~such lovely gifts!! I'm happy for you and your son. :)

Don't eat all that chocolate in one sitting OR you could share, ya know. hahaha

Have a wonderful day!!

Donna said...

How Beautiful!!! And your Son's shirt is lovely!!!
Don't you just love surprises??
Happy sleep sweetie!hughugs

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Those are all great gifts, Debrah! I was waiting for this post to find out what were in the package..

Leigh Russell said...

Oh wow, what an exciting parcel! And how exciting to read that newspaper article too.

Jeanette said...

That sarong is beautiful! What wonderful gifts!

Shammickite said...

I've heard the name Banksy but never really known anything about him..... interesting work. Love that man hanging from the windowsill while the wronged husband looks for the perpetrator!