Tuesday 18 November 2008

La Gomera










I've been away for a week. I went to La Gomera in the Canary Islands. To reach La Gomera you need to fly to Tenerife, and take a ferry to San Sebastian. From there I went by coach to Playa Santiago, a journey that takes about 45 minutes through some spectacular scenery.



There is a small airport on La Gomera, with a short runway that appears to be balanced on the edge of a cliff. A nearly completed path runs between Playa Santiago and the airport, and I spotted this very delicate looking plant that had been planted in beds alongside the path.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I once had a visit to La Gomera booked but had to cancel it, can't remember why now! But I have been to all the Canaries and love them. I really miss not being able to just hop on a plane and get to the Canaries.

My fave by far was Fuerteventura due to it's fabulous long whhite sand beaches. Hope you had a great time Dabrah

Changes in the wind said...

What a fantasic experience!! Loved the pictures.........

Rosie said...

Looks stunning I've been to the Canary Islands but didn't visit La Gomera.

Rosie x

Gerald (SK14) said...

Had a day trip to La Gomera from Tenerife. It is a truly fantastic island - far nicer than Tenerife.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

The pictures are just gorgeous, Debrah! Wish I were on the trip with you, so relaxing..